The Casa dei Tre Oci is the home of the "three eyes" in the Venetian dialect: the three large windows overlooking the San Marco basin are unmistakable, clearly visible and curious details of a landscape that fascinates those who find themselves walking along the Fondamenta delle Zattere or along the Giudecca canal.
After careful restoration by Fondazione di Venezia, which acquired its ownership in 2000, in 2012 the building became an exhibition space open to the public, a privileged campus for processing contemporary languages, with particular attention to photography.
A Technical Committee composed of representatives of Fondazione di Venezia with Civita Tre Venezie, as well as the Artistic Director Denis Curti, guarantees the quality of the exhibition and cultural programming of the house built by Mario De Maria in 1913.
The activities of the Casa dei Tre Oci consist mainly in the planning and realization of photographic exhibitions, but also in the organization of events, conferences, debates and presentation of books; Furthermore, workshops, portfolio readings, meetings and activities are periodically organized in collaboration with industry experts, universities and other cultural institutions.
The Tre Oci houses the photographic archives owned by Fondazione di Venezia: the De Maria Photographic Fund and the Italo Zannier Fund.
All activities are also carried out thanks to the contribution of the companies that are part of the TRE OCI CLUB.
Giudecca 43, Venezia
fermata / stop
info e prenotazioni /
info and booking